It has long been said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
The perception of beauty is subjective; we just know it when we see it.
However evidence shows our perception of beauty is hard wired.
Based on how closely the features of one’s face reflect phi in their proportions.
The Golden Ratio appears extensively in the human face.
And can be used a blueprint for minor changes that dramatically enhance physical beauty.
Beauty fads come and go, and eyebrow shaping is no exception.
But what if there were a mathematical rule we could cite as hands-down the perfect shape?
Great artists proportion their works according to the Golden Ratio.
Artists throughout history, like Botticelli and Leonardo daVinci, have used the golden ratio, or variations of it, as the basis for their compositions.
Using the Golden Ratio we can craft your brows to achieve the perfect face.
At Mien Brows we use this mathematical technique along with the latest in equipment to achieve your perfect look.
A scientific approach to improving your overall look.
- Distance from Top-of-the-head to Chin divided by Width-of-head equals .phi
- Length-of-Lips divided by Width-of-Nose equals .phi
- Outside distance between Eyes divided by Length-of-Lips equals .phi
What is microblading?
Microblading, also known as Feather Stroke Tattoo, is a form of Cosmetic Tattooing.
In this process, we implant tiny hair like strokes into the top layer of the Dermis of the skin, using a one use sterile hand tool.
This is a semi – permanent process, as pigment is implanted on a superficial layer of the skin, which lasts up to 12 months, depending on your skin type.
Contraindications of microblading
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding, it is advisable that you do not go ahead with this procedure.
- If you are prone to Keloid Scarring.
- If you suffer from any major health conditions-we will require a letter of approval from your Doctor or Specialist.
- If you have any allergies to hair dyes, makeup or jewellery.
- If you are taking certain medications.
- If you are currently undergoing Chemotherapy treatment, you will need your Doctors approval, and a letter from your specialist.
- We advise not to consume Aspirin, Ibuprofin, caffeine or alcohol 24-48 hours prior to your procedure. Fish oil one week prior. However, do not discontinue any medications before consulting your Doctor.
- Tattooing will not be performed over blemishes, sores and moles around the brow area.
- If you are sick with a bacterial or viral infection, you will need to call us immediately to reschedule your appointment.
- Avoid cosmetic injectables, skin treatments at least two weeks prior and two weeks after your cosmetic tattoo.
If you have any of these contraindications, you must phone us for a personal consultation on 1300 627 697.
What will affect my new eyebrow tattoo?
Sun exposure, the regeneration of skin cells over time, skin type, the choice of colour, and bleeding during the procedure will affect the final result of your treatment.
When the skin bleeds more during the procedure, pigment is pushed out of the skin, therefore retention is poor. To avoid this make sure you avoid alcohol 48 hours prior to treatment, and if you are on blood thinners to let us know prior to treatment.
Long term, your new brow tattoo will fade and shrink over time, therefore yearly touch ups are advised to keep your tattoo looking fresh.
Is the clinic safe?
Yes, we are registered with the local Health Council, and have procedures in place to maintain a sterile safe environment for our clients.
We only use one use disposable needles and supplies.
Our cosmetic tattoo pigments are non-toxic and contain no artificial preservatives .
What pigments do you use and are they safe?
At Mien Brows we use the Tina Davies pigment line. This pigment line is 100% safe and cruelty-free. These pigments are sterilised, have never been tested on animals, do not contain animal by-products and pass the resAP 2008 regulations for the safety of semi-permanent make-up in Europe.
Terms & Conditions
By booking in and securing your appointment with a deposit, you have truthfully acknowledged that you understand the contraindications and terms and conditions below and have said no to the following:
Suffer from major health conditions (Diabetic, heart conditions, cancer, blood disorders, HIV, Hepatitis)
Prone to keloid scarring
Are not under any medications
Allergies to hair dyes, makeup or jewellery
Had a cosmetic procedure in the last two weeks (Cosmetic injectables, skin peels, microdermabrasion)
- Please allow 3 days’ notice for rescheduling of appointments-failure to give less than 3 day’s notice or a ‘no show’ to your appointment may result in a loss of your appointment or additional charges may occur.
- Once you have started the cosmetic tattoo procedure, there are no refunds given to change of mind.
- Your deposit payment of $149.00 to secure your booking is non-refundable.
- Please arrive no later than 15-minutes to your appointment. We may have to reschedule your appointment, you may lose your deposit or additional charges will occur.
- Prior to your procedure, please do not consume any alcohol, caffeine, aspirin or ibuprofen up to 48 hours before. Fish oil one week prior. As these may cause excessive bleeding during your procedure and can affect your results.
- Please let us know as soon as possible if you are sick with a viral or bacterial infection.
- Prior to your microblading procedure we recommend you avoid any cosmetic procedures two weeks before and after your appointment with us. This includes cosmetic injectables, skin peels, microdermabrasion etc. If you have an upcoming surgery, or recovering from surgery, please contact us immediately as this will affect your appointment.
Is Microblading painful?
We apply an anaesthetic cream prior to your procedure, and continue to keep your brows numb during your procedure to keep you comfortable.
Pain thresholds differ from person to person; however, every effort is made to keep you as comfortable as possible.
How many treatments are required and long does it last?
For most clients, a minimum of two treatments are usually needed, at least 6-8 weeks apart.
Microblading is a 2-step process…
Your Initial First Session is used to build the foundation of your brows, and create symmetry and balance to the face.
Your First Perfecting Session, is to perfect the brow shape, and add more substance to the brow. We do this by adding more hair strokes, and re-establishing any pigment that has not held.
If you have had previous tattoo work on your brows you must book in for a consultation with Nicole for assessment.
What Is the healing process?
Straight after your first treatment, your new tattoo will look amazing, with no swelling and minimal redness and discomfort.
On day 2 – 5 your brow tattoo will appear bolder and darker, as the area that was treated will slightly scab.
During day 1 – 4 you must apply a cream that we provide to the area, morning and night, and when showering to protect the area from infection, and to quicken the healing process.
This means you cannot wet your brows in the shower or when cleansing your face for the first 4 days.
On day 5 you can treat your brows as you would normally – cleansing, makeup etc.
During week 2 – 4 your brows may appear to have lost some hair strokes! This is normal, and just part of the healing process. These hair strokes re surface during the 4th week after treatment.
How do I book an appointment?
To make a booking phone us on 1300 627 697.
- We will go over your medical history and you can book a time over the phone.
- You can make a time for a free 15-minute consultation, meet Nicole see the Clinic for yourself.
- If you have an existing cosmetic eyebrow tattoo, please send us through a photo of your eyebrows in natural lighting without any make-up on. We can then assess if you will have to get your old tattoo removed first. We can recommend a safe clinic for cosmetic tattoo removal.