Handling of Sterile Products
You will be using a range of sterile products during a cosmetic tattooing procedure, and they MUST be handled in a way that keeps them sterile. The following sterile supplies are required during the procedure:
- Fomites are objects within your salon that have the potential to transfer bacteria from one client to another, or between yourself and your client.
- Cleaning, disinfecting and isolating with a barrier wrap any reusable items is a must to ensure maximum hygiene and safety in your salon.
- Using barrier wrap on your magnifying lamp, and cosmetic tattoo machine.
- Using footswitches on magnifying lamp and tattoo machine, if available.
- Utilising handsfree taps, soap and sanitising dispensers.
- Correct disposal of your general waste, clinical waste and sharps waste
- Disposing of waste in a bin during the procedure without using your hands to open bin
- Cleaning your bed with a 70% isopropyl alcohol wipe before covering it with a disposable bed cover which you will change after each client.
- When you are taking brow measurements and before you reuse your makeup pencil, make sure that you wipe it with a fresh 70% isopropyl wipe and wait a few minutes for it to dry. If using a makeup pencil rather than a crayon pencil, give the pencil 3-4 turns in a clean sharpener and wipe again with a fresh 70% isopropyl alcohol wipe.