- Day 1
finely detailed, slight redness.
- Day 2-4
Brows appear a few shades darker and more crisp, and have a “filled in look” as they form a light scab. This is only temporary- don’t panic!
- Day 5-12
The scab naturally exfoliates, peels and flakes away over the course of several days. A new layer of skin has formed over the tattoo, making it appear that the brows are too light. Be patient!
- Day 10-30
Again, the colour may appear too light, but the pigment will slowly raise to the surface of the skin. Wait at least 4 weeks to see the “true colour”. It is only after 4 weeks that your touch-up/adjustment can be done.
Your Perfecting Session appointment is to redefine your shape, re-establish any strokes that have not held, assess how much your tattoo has shrunk, re assess the colour, and create more strokes in between your strokes that were initially created.
This creates more dimension to the brow. We note your pigment blend in each procedure, incase we need to layer in a different shade or adjust the tone 🙂 Each procedure is customised just for you!
This is a two step process.
Your Perfecting Session is crucial to create your desired result.
First 5 days
- Before applying a thin layer of healing cream, wet a cotton pad and squeeze out excess water. Gently cleanse the brows using a windscreen wiper action. Apply a thin layer of healing cream twice daily (morning and evening) with a clean finger or cotton tip, wiping off excess cream with a clean cotton tip or tissue.
- Avoid exercise/sweating for 48 hours after procedure, as this can cause your pigment to be pushed out of the skin during the healing stages. Avoid saturating the area with water, other skin products and makeup on the brows for the first 4 days.
- Whilst showering apply a layer of cream to the brows without wiping off the cream – wash your hair and body avoiding direct contact of water to the brow area – a few splashes of water is fine, no saturation on the area of water.
- After showering wipe off cream on the brows and pat dry.
- In the morning you may apply foundation and mascara, just avoid the brow area for the first 4 days, using a cleansing wipe to remove your makeup at night.
How many treatments are required and how long will it last?
- For most clients, a minimum of two treatments are usually needed, at least 6-8 weeks apart.
- Cosmetic tattooing is a 2-step process…
- Your Initial First Session is used to build the foundation of your brows, eyeliner or lips.
- Your First Perfecting Session, is to perfect the shape and colour, and add more substance.
- If you have had previous tattoo work on your brows you must book in for a consultation with one of our technicians for assessment.
Is Cosmetic Tattoo Painful?
- We apply an anaesthetic cream prior to your procedure, and continue to keep the area being treated numb during your procedure to keep you comfortable.
- Pain thresholds differ from person to person; however, every effort is made to keep you as comfortable as possible.
What is Ombre Brows?
The Ombré technique is a soft and misty powder filled brow, similar to a brow powder makeup look. The tails of the brows will be darker and fade into a softer look towards the front of the brow.
What is Microblading?
- Microblading, also known as Feather Stroke Tattoo, is a form of Cosmetic Tattooing.
- In this process, we implant tiny hair like strokes into the top layer of the Dermis of the skin, using a one use sterile hand tool.
- This is a semi – permanent process, as pigment is implanted on a superficial layer of the skin, which lasts up to 12 months, depending on your skin type.
- At Mien Brows, we also do Ombre and Powdered Brows for that make-up finished look. Speak to one of our technicians to see what is right for you.
Is the clinic registered with the local health council?
- Yes, we are registered with the local Health Council, and have procedures in place to maintain a sterile safe environment for our clients.
- We only use one use disposable needles and supplies.
- Our cosmetic tattoo pigments are non-toxic and contain no artificial preservatives.
What pigments do you use and are they safe?
- At Mien Brows we use the Tina Davies pigment line. This pigment line is 100% safe and cruelty-free. These pigments have never been tested on animals and does not contain animal by-products.
- They also Pass the resAP 2008 regulations for Europe
- All of the pigment colors have been formulated to avoid the pigments from turning red, orange, blue, purple or ashy over time.